Facebook Messenger is stepping up with a challenge to Skype, Slack, and other platforms by offering group calling. The uniqueness of Facebook in the realm of popularity across the globe and their traffic volume allow them to do this better than anyone else so far. The benefits are many and there is one secret weapon if you do any advertising on Facebook. Let’s get into the details.
Group Calls on Facebook Messenger
I can’t believe the range of services Facebook has come to provide and most of them are free of charge. They really do run neck and neck with Google in that capacity. If you told me 10 years ago there would be a FREE and high quality way to conduct group calls over the Internet in a decade, I probably wouldn’t have believed you. An infrastructure like that would cost millions, yet here we are.
You can jump on a call with up to 50 people on Facebook Messenger. They can be friends, family, colleagues, or whoever. In seconds, you could be carrying on a conversation with people all over the world. That is huge for any business and used to be a costly endeavor. Social media giant, Facebook, now let’s you get it done. You can call from your office or from mobile devices on your daily commute.
How To Make Group Calls on Facebook Messenger
You might be wondering how it works. Obviously, you need a Facebook account and Facebook Messenger on your device. You’re ready to rock with these steps:
- Tap the phone icon.
- Select the people you want in the call. They will all receive a Facebook Messenger call simultaneously.
- If you miss the call, tap the phone icon to join.
- If someone else is missing from the call, tap the phone icon and select them from the list.
That’s a lot easier than the last corporate system I used for video calling. By the way, video calling isn’t available yet on Facebook Messenger. It’s just been released for voice calls so far, but you can still do video calling with one person at a time.
About That Facebook Advertising Secret Weapon
I’m sure you’re eager to learn what Facebook Messenger has to do with Facebook ads. It’s staggering to think that Facebook Messenger is being used by 900 million people each month. That is beyond an authoritative amount of communication. There’s a way to put that to work for you and your business. One billion messages are passing between people and businesses on Facebook. To help you take advantage, Facebook has put together the following features:
- Usernames – To help people find your business on Facebook Messenger and make your name memorable. If your page already has a vanity URL, that is your username.
- Messenger Links and Messenger Code – Facebook Messenger links are short links: m.me/yourusername that allow customers to connect with you directly. Messenger Codes are codes that can be scanned with your phone camera to open a conversation on Facebook Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger Greetings – Furthermore you can set up a custom greeting in Facebook Messenger to greet your customers utilizing these great features to contact your business.
The clencher and secret weapon is that businesses can use Facebook Messenger Links and Codes in their Facebook ads. That is crazy powerful just in case you needed yet another reason to consider Facebook ads.
Speaking of that…
4 Reasons to Use Facebook Ads Besides Facebook Messenger
- Facebook is where your customers hang. There’s a reason why Facebook is on top of the world right now. Pretty much everyone is on Facebook.
- Facebook’s targeting is second to none. You can really drill down to what color hair you want your audience to have, okay, maybe not quite that far.
- Warm leads. Once your audience finds you on Facebook, they are pretty warm and looking for what you have to offer.
- Reach people on mobile. 87% of Facebook’s monthly traffic comes from mobile users. Need I say more?
This whole Facebook Messenger Group Calling is a big piece of Facebook News to say the least. Skype who? Anyway, I suggest you get in there and start using these great social media updates for your business. I’d love to hear in the comments how it’s going. Post your usernames!