One of the biggest challenges in working online is to consistently create engaging content for your target audience. It is a full-time job all by itself and fits neatly under the umbrella of your content marketing success. Let’s get into some tips on how you can drive content engagement for your brand or business starting today.
Creating Engaging Content for Business
This is easier said than done. Content does a lot more than drive content engagement. It also builds trust and loyalty for you business in the marketplace. Having authoritative content for business can really take you to a higher level online, not to mention what it does for your credibility. Try these action steps to create engaging content:
- Create the right goals. While engagement is a worthy goal, it shouldn’t be your main goal.
- Do it better than your competition. You can use Google to do a site:search and then use Open Site Explorer to find your competitors’ best content and see who is linking to it. Then create better content and ask the same brands to link to your content as well.
- Build brand trust with good representation on and offline.
- Share valuable information from your brand and other non-competing brands.
- Highlight experts in your company and bring them to the forefront.
- Market your content using social media.
Using Social Media to Increase Content Engagement
Social media is like a car that drives you content where you want it to go. No matter what kind of content you create, you can distribute it using various social media channels and reach a wider audience than if you just released the info on your blog and left it to the organic search results.
You can actually use social media to drive content engagement without a lot of hassle. In fact, here it is broken down in 4 simple steps:
- Think outside the box. Be innovative in your approach. Every new, shiny thing out there was discovered through out of the box thinking.
- Customize your pages and profiles. Make sure you fill out all of the information and upload the necessary graphics.
- Be congruent to your brand. Don’t represent completely different ideas from your brand intent.
- Stay relevant. Make sure you spend a little time each day reading and studying the latest news in your industry.
Content Marketing Success in a Boring Industry
Maybe your business isn’t that exciting. Do you run a funeral home? Oh, you drive a sewage truck? Man, that is tough! So how can you find content marketing success? I feel your pain. I’m glad I’m not in your shoes, but that doesn’t mean there is not a solution for you to increase content engagement. Check this out:
- Focus on the issues your customers face. All of the content you create should solve a problem or answer a question for your audience
- Know your target audience. Acknowledge the types of content that perform the best and make more of that. Don’t neglect list building!
- Be consistent. If you decide to blog once a week, then get that new blog out once a week without fail
- Experiment. Try all different types of content and see what performs the best. Grant it, video might be a bit of a challenge, but if you’re creative, you will find a way
The more content you create and drill it down to what is working to increase content engagement, the less boring your subject matter will seem.
Creating engaging content for business doesn’t have to be hard. Here are some action steps to get you started quickly:
- Set goals.
- Fulfill your goals consistently.
- Analyze what is working and what’s not.
- Create more of what’s working.
Don’t make it harder than it is. If you set aside a couple hours to brainstorm content for business and include a few team members, this would quickly become a non-problem in your business. Comment below and let me know what kind of strategies you’re using to drive content engagement in your corner of the web.