If your business has reached a point where you need automation, then you’ll want to check out this marketing automation platform evaluation. All marketing automation platforms are not created equal, so I’ve put in the work to bring you the best of the best.
How Much Automation Do You Need?
You need to decide this first, so you don’t have to worry about data migration later. Migration is possible, but it’s an added pain you can eliminate by choosing the right marketing automation platform to begin with. Marketing automation platforms are going to range from automating just one aspect of marketing such as email, to handling multiple channels. If your business is small, you can usually get by with a one-trick pony. These tend to be more cost effective for you and do just enough to be worth it. However, if your business is big or you plan to scale, then you need to start big.
Marketing Automation Platforms for Small Business
- Constant Contact – What!?! We thought Constant Contact just did the email thing like MailChimp and GetResponse. Nope, the level of automation your small business can achieve could be key for your business. Welcome to lead generation in addition to email marketing!
- Hubspot – Hubspot is perfect for the small business owner who wants to do a little bit of everything. That’s going to be the caveat to this choice as well as it does a lot of things, but none of them to a very deep level.
Marketing Automation That Gets the Job Done
- Salesforce – Salesforce resides in the cloud and provides you with a ton of tools to help automate your business as well as acting as a customer relations management system (CRM). It will let you handle a lot of tasks at once and take your automation to the next level.
- iContact – iContact handles a couple of the biggest hurdles in business for you: email marketing and social media marketing. I would venture to say that if these two things were automated in your business, you’d probably find yourself with some free time or a couple of employees with nothing to do.
Vick’s Pick – Marketo
Marketo is the Cadillac of marketing automation platforms. It includes a set of marketing tools that is second to none and includes mobile options! If you’ve been reading my blog lately, then you know how important that is! Check it out:
- Email marketing
- Lead management
- Consumer marketing
- Customer based marketing
- Mobile marketing
It’s a weight off my shoulders! Marketo is a marketing automation platform for marketers like me made by marketers like me. That’s the kind of thing you just can’t beat in business.
What You Can Do With Marketo?
Generate Leads – You get a range of marketing automation tools that let you build forms, create calls to action, and more. You get better quality leads that are close to your brand.
Nurture Leads – Your leads are prepped as they move through your sales funnel. They get to you at just the right time with real-time data, email marketing, and workflows.
Decides if Your Leads are Hot or Not – The mystery of hot, warm, and cold leads will be demystified for you.
Analytics – You’ll get a myriad of awesome stats from your website as well as other aspects of the marketing automation process. You will be able to conveniently stay on top of it all.
Team Integration – Get your whole team in there. They’ll get timely notifications for tasks, data, and more.
Benefits of Marketing Automation
Since it can be quite costly, then there have to be some pretty robust benefits to marketing automation, right? I’ll keep this short and sweet:
- 63% of companies that are running over their competition are using marketing automation
- Marketing automation = 451% increase in qualified leads
- 75% of companies utilizing marketing automation recoup their investment within a year
Needless to say, if you’re serious about business, using a marketing automation platform is a no-brainer. I always love to hear from you, so if you’re using automation, leave me a comment and let me know how it’s going. Also, don’t forget to subscribe so you catch my future evaluations.